LetsShop respect your right to privacy. In this regard we comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
In brief this includes
• Fair collection of information
• Safe and secure collection and retention of information
• Safe and secure transport of information where provided over a public network
• Collection and processing of adequate, relevant and non excessive information congruent with the purposes for which it was collected
• Retention of information for a period congruent with the purpose for which it was collected
• Retention of accurate and up-to-date information
• Informing users and obtaining consent for any new or secondary purposes for which data may be used
• Informing users of the Data Controller and anyone else to whom the data will be disclosed.
Collection and use of personal information
LetsShop collect personally identifiable information which you voluntarily supply when you conduct online transactions with us the website. We do not make this information available to any 3rd parties and the information received is used only for the purpose for which it is provided.
We also gather statistical and other analytical information of a non personal nature for all visitors to our websites. This data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information and includes information related to browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website. The Non-Personal information gathered via our website is analysed in aggregate form to obtain a better understanding of our visitors' geographical profile, preferences and enquiry channels which in turn helps us to make improvements to our website.
Information placed on your computer
When you look at or use our website, we may store a small amount of text, commonly called a 'cookie', on your computer. This merely helps us to improve the online service provided to you by our website by allowing us to recognise you quickly and to present you with previously submitted details that speed up transaction processing. You are at liberty to erase this information from your computer or to disable cookies from your web browser to prevent their set up. However, by so doing, you may impede or prevent the online functionality with respect to the ecommerce dimension of our website.
Our Internet Service Provider also logs technical details in connection with visits to our websites but no information is collected that could be used to identify individual visitors.
Typically the technical information logged could include:
• the IP address of the visitor's web server
• the top-level domain name used (EG .ie .com)
• the website address from which the visitor reached us
• any search terms used in finding our website
• click-stream data which shows the traffic of visitors around our web site including pages accessed and documents downloaded
• the type of web browsers used by website visitors.
LetsShop will not try to identify individual website visitors through the use of this technical information. We will not disclose this information to any third party (except where obliged to do so by the rule of law or in the case of our internet service provider who records this data on our behalf under strict confidentiality provisions)
Requests regarding personal data supplied via our websites
You can write to us to request a copy of the personal data supplied to us via our websites. Our email and mail addresses are listed at the end of this statement. In your correspondence, please include any personal identifiers that you provided earlier via our websites, such as name, address, email
address, phone number. We will try to respond to you by return but not later than 40 calendar days after receipt of your request. There is a nominal request charge of up to €6.35 payable for this service. If we hold inaccurate information about you, you are also entitled to have this information corrected by us but you must make such a request in writing or by email. In some circumstances you may request that certain information, which you supplied to us via our websites, should be deleted. Any deletion request would generally need to be supported by an
identification of where we have contravened data protection law in our processing of the data concerned.
If you have any concerns about how your data is being collected or processed via our websites, please bring this to our attention by writing to us directly or emailing us.
The Data Controller
7 Acorn Road, Dundrum, Dublin 16. D16 PC59